---visitors to my silly blog---

Locations of Site Visitors

"thoughts in solitude" - thomas merton

MY LORD GOD,
I have no idea where I am going. I do not see the road ahead of me. I cannot know for certain where it will end. Nor do I really know myself, and the fact that I think I am following your will does not mean that I am actually doing so. But I believe that the desire to please you does in fact please you. And I hope I have that desire in all that I am doing. I hope that I will never
do anything apart from that desire. And I know that if I do this you will lead me by the right road, though I may know nothing about it. Therefore I will trust you always though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death. I will not fear, for you are ever with me, and you will never leave me to face my perils
alone.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

more randoms...

hi everyone,
so, i thought i'd post a pic of me and the other three in the brazil internship program (BIP)... this pic is our first world cup game, cheering on the brasilian team at a local pub/restaurant with some friends... pictured are me, leo, diego and nick!


i'm trying to figure out a way to get my pics uploaded from my camera and online so you can see what we've been up to... the sabarenses had a computer with a port for my memory card but andrea's laptop doesn't have one, so, i'm thinking it's off to an internet cafe for me soon... last week diego and i led the "maiores," or older kids, in a trust-building activity and i definitely want to show you how that went... lots of other things in between and since, too...

this is a pic i scooped from nick's facebook of one of my favorite kiddos, artur, who moved away last week... he literally said bye on a friday as normal and when he didn't show up to the creche the following monday, i asked his friend david where he was... he said his mom had to move the family to live with their grandma in another city... i was heartbroken when i heard that he wasn't coming back! :( i didn't realize how attached i was getting to these kids... i wonder what august will be like? artur had the cutest little lisp when he talked and he loved asking me questions about my life and my family back in the u.s... i'll miss that little guy, please keep him and his family in your prayers wherever they went.

i had affectionately dubbed artur and david as "the breakers" because their special dance talent is breakdancing and doing these synchronized hip-hop acrobatic moves to michael jackson songs (of all music choices! ahhh!)... they'd definitely have a dance career back in the states... lol

here's artur...


and david


***

on a totally random note, wanted to ask for your continued prayers as i prepare for my return to graduate school in the fall at The University of St. Thomas in houston... i recieved my official acceptance letter into my program weeks ago, and things have started to move along rather quickly... the Master of Faith & Culture program touches on all the things i'm interested in: living, learning and teaching about my Catholic faith and the Church's role in higher education. UST is a great fit for me and i'm incredibly ecstatic that i'll be staying in houston for the next few years! i'm trying not to get overwhelmed with the amount of things i have to do the minute i get back to the states (like find a place to live, figure out transportation, go through academic advising, figuring out the financial aspects of it all, you know, the little things)... please pray for peace in my heart and my mind as i follow where God is leading me in the near future... thanks.

peace and love,
~crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment