---visitors to my silly blog---

Locations of Site Visitors

"thoughts in solitude" - thomas merton

MY LORD GOD,
I have no idea where I am going. I do not see the road ahead of me. I cannot know for certain where it will end. Nor do I really know myself, and the fact that I think I am following your will does not mean that I am actually doing so. But I believe that the desire to please you does in fact please you. And I hope I have that desire in all that I am doing. I hope that I will never
do anything apart from that desire. And I know that if I do this you will lead me by the right road, though I may know nothing about it. Therefore I will trust you always though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death. I will not fear, for you are ever with me, and you will never leave me to face my perils
alone.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

this week at ONG...

things have been difficult this week, i don't have but a few minutes on the computer so i wanted to show you some pics of the camp we are working at this week... words to come later. pray for me and my co-workers, that we have enough patience to make it through another day tomorrow... and also, pray that we have mercy on the soul who coordinated this project. just saying.

this was our mis-adventure on monday... great way to start off the week. we were given the wrong address and spent two and a half hours searching for the mystery circo... i think you can tell by our faces we were not having a great time. the one bright spot in the day was that i walked by chickens on the street!!!
MONDAY





i had high hopes for tuesday, but i woke up with a sore throat... made it to nova lima after nearly 3 hours on the bus this morning to find out that my ONG "partner" was not coming to the camp today. super.
TUESDAY
kids on the tremzinho, making our way from the circo to the water school

random boi we saw on the way to the ONG "water school"

nova lima wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so hard to get to!

i spent my day wrangling 30 4- and 5-year olds since my ONG partner didn't make it to work today... yay me.

the ONG people explaining energy conservation... total presentation time: 10 minutes. why were we there for 4 hours???

the kids actually sitting down in one spot for more than 5 seconds. it was heavenly while it lasted!

diego and i didn't get to eat lunch or eat a snack since we left with our kids all day to the water school... so, when we finally made it back to belo at 9 p.m., we stuffed our faces with pasteis de queijo and carne moida... yummm.

me, stuffing my face with my double decker! take that, hunger!


okay, enough about this week in ONG... on to other news...

i am officially rio de janiero bound on sunday, august 8th... i'm working on getting a visit scheduled with another missionary community while in rio and will also taking a few days to relax and re-boot before trekking back to the states... the boys will be in rio the whole week, too, so it should be some interestingly fun adventures... i imagine laying on a beach drinking coconut water at least one day... ahhhh. hope the weather holds up for us!

gotta run, but wanted to let you know that things are still going well here... aside from my sore throat, everything else is peachy! ooh, and i'm in love with this song right now... "bem vinda" by jeito moleque... give it a listen!

No comments:

Post a Comment