---visitors to my silly blog---

Locations of Site Visitors

"thoughts in solitude" - thomas merton

MY LORD GOD,
I have no idea where I am going. I do not see the road ahead of me. I cannot know for certain where it will end. Nor do I really know myself, and the fact that I think I am following your will does not mean that I am actually doing so. But I believe that the desire to please you does in fact please you. And I hope I have that desire in all that I am doing. I hope that I will never
do anything apart from that desire. And I know that if I do this you will lead me by the right road, though I may know nothing about it. Therefore I will trust you always though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death. I will not fear, for you are ever with me, and you will never leave me to face my perils
alone.

Monday, May 3, 2010

T-15 days and counting...

well, folks, we officially got our itineraries yesterday at my third-to-last portuguese class and i can't believe it! it's totally happening!!! ahhhhhh!!!!!

every week for the past two months my fellow interns and i have been attending weekly portuguese language classes with a private tutor on sunday afternoons and wednesday nights, along with brazilian culture and travel classes on saturdays... it has been such a BIG commitment every week that it has been hard remembering that there would be an end in sight and that all of these classes and trainings would eventually not be there anymore, instead replaced with real life experiences!

departure time is almost upon us and i can't believe it! there's so much to do in less than two weeks, ay ay ay...

just off the top of my head, i came up with a list of 13 essential, must-do items to take care of between now and my leave date... ohhhmmmyyygggggggggosh! i know this list will keep growing if i continue to think about it all... [gulp!]

well, i just wanted to give you a small update on my travel... it'll be here before i know it! woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment