---visitors to my silly blog---

Locations of Site Visitors

"thoughts in solitude" - thomas merton

MY LORD GOD,
I have no idea where I am going. I do not see the road ahead of me. I cannot know for certain where it will end. Nor do I really know myself, and the fact that I think I am following your will does not mean that I am actually doing so. But I believe that the desire to please you does in fact please you. And I hope I have that desire in all that I am doing. I hope that I will never
do anything apart from that desire. And I know that if I do this you will lead me by the right road, though I may know nothing about it. Therefore I will trust you always though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death. I will not fear, for you are ever with me, and you will never leave me to face my perils
alone.

Saturday, May 8, 2010

home sweet home!

yes, folks, i'm in windy lubbock, texas, today!!! drove in last night from houston with my sister and her kids for a dinner with family & friends at my parents' house tonight... just a little 'send-off' before i leave for south america in a few days... i'll be explaining to everyone a little more in-depth about what i'm doing with the International YMCA in Brazil this summer and how they can help if they are so moved... towards the end of the dinner, i'm asking everyone to join in prayer to bless our trip, for my safety and the safety of my fellow interns, and that this time is a powerful and eye-opening time of reflection and discernment... i'll post highlights later!

things are whizzing by SO FAST (seriously, at LEAST 17 things on my to-do list at last count!), but i had to stop and take a look at the South Plains Catholic newspaper, which carried an article on what i'm doing this summer... my cousin called and said she saw me in the paper and she couldn't believe her eyes! i'll admit, i'm ecstatic to see the write-up in my hometown catholic newspaper!!! i really hope that someone sees what i'm doing and thinks about where & how God may be calling them, whatever their current circumstances are... anyway, take a look at the article online here on page 4: www.catholiclubbock.org/SPC.pdf

ahh, lubbock... i <3 being home! last night when we arrived it was still in the 90's, clear, dark skies lit up with millions of bright stars, and just felt right. today, of course, it's in the 60's, kinda breezy and overcast... what can i say, that's what you get with lubbock weather! still, i love it even though it's not the best cookout weather, lol...

well, that's all for now... more in the coming days, stay tuned!

peace and love!

No comments:

Post a Comment