---visitors to my silly blog---

Locations of Site Visitors

"thoughts in solitude" - thomas merton

MY LORD GOD,
I have no idea where I am going. I do not see the road ahead of me. I cannot know for certain where it will end. Nor do I really know myself, and the fact that I think I am following your will does not mean that I am actually doing so. But I believe that the desire to please you does in fact please you. And I hope I have that desire in all that I am doing. I hope that I will never
do anything apart from that desire. And I know that if I do this you will lead me by the right road, though I may know nothing about it. Therefore I will trust you always though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death. I will not fear, for you are ever with me, and you will never leave me to face my perils
alone.

Friday, April 30, 2010

make a joyful noise!

christian music is such a big part of my life now, i absolutely don't know how i got through my younger years without it...

when i am feeling down, or lonely, or sad, or angry, or even happy, excited, thankful, forgiven, etc., there is literally a song that expresses what i'm feeling... some of my favorite christian artists have put words to my deepest thoughts and prayers...

concerned about your self-image? listen to johnny diaz's "more beautiful you"...

suffering with health problems? listen to kari jobe's "healer"...

going through some hard times? listen to casting crown's "praise You in the storm"...

struggling with guilt or unforgiveness? listen to sanctus real's "forgiven"...

on fire & celebrating your newness in Christ? listen to matt maher's "alive again"...

there is literally a song out there that will speak to your heart and give you the comforting *hug* that you may need to remember that you are never alone... maybe you need a swift kick in the pants every now and again to remind yourself that you don't have to be your old self, trapped in all your sins from the past... i know i do! God makes us new creatures when we repent and that is something we can really celebrate! shouldn't we all have a personal soundtrack to go with all of these cool things God is teaching us?

music is such a big part of my life, i seriously got nervous today that i might not have any christian music while i'm in brazil... i know i can listen to my ipod (in english) or online christian stations (in english), but i want to get as much exposure to the language as i can... then, it occurred to me to do some research! :)

somehow, i stumbled upon a couple of christian artists who sing in the native portuguese language! isn't that GREAT?! one artist in particular really just struck a chord with me and i can't stop listening to her youtube channel... lol.

if you're interested, check out Heloisa Rosa's music channel here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_RDIhLkMaI&a=zbG5igqYXrs&playnext_from=ML&playnext=7

my favorite song of hers so far is "Paz," which is just a beautiful song about the peace that Christ brings to one's life... it's a simple song, but so powerful... here's my very, very, very rough translation of the song:

"Peace, what great peace
Your gaze consoles me, Jesus...
You are the treasure that I found in the fields
So I sold everything I had just to be nearer to You
I am consumed with love for You...
Peace, what great peace
When I sleep I hear your footsteps, Jesus...
You are my treasure, all the riches of this world could never compare to You..."

close your eyes and just listen to the song... pray that God will use Christian music in some way to draw you closer to Him.

So very thankful to have Christian radio and Christian artists to help me on my daily walk...

Be encouraged, friends! :)

No comments: