---visitors to my silly blog---

Locations of Site Visitors

"thoughts in solitude" - thomas merton

MY LORD GOD,
I have no idea where I am going. I do not see the road ahead of me. I cannot know for certain where it will end. Nor do I really know myself, and the fact that I think I am following your will does not mean that I am actually doing so. But I believe that the desire to please you does in fact please you. And I hope I have that desire in all that I am doing. I hope that I will never
do anything apart from that desire. And I know that if I do this you will lead me by the right road, though I may know nothing about it. Therefore I will trust you always though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death. I will not fear, for you are ever with me, and you will never leave me to face my perils
alone.

Sunday, May 23, 2010

brasil, brasil!

this is a continuation of the last post, a small picture journal of what´s been going on here... just wanted to show yall what i´ve been up to here with my awesome host family, the sabarenses... the it´s hard to believe that i´ve only been here since wednesday, it seems like such a long time ago that i got to belo and have become sabarense sister #5... it´s been great so far, everything is so new and exciting, i´m sure there will come a point when i will get a tad bit homesick (hopefully it won´t happen soon and i don´t get too homesick) but for right now, all´s well...

now, on to the pictures...

my host dad bought us tickets to go see galo play their second-to-last game in the stadium until the world cup in a few years... the stadium will be shut down for renovations until then, and he thought it was absurd that i´ve never been to a professional soccer match! so, off we went today, after visiting his parents at their country house earlier this afternoon... (pics to come)

one side note: i kept calling the big blow-up mascot the ´big chicken´but apparently, that´s not his name... my little brother, cuau says that this is GALO ATLETICO MINEIRO... he is six, by the way! :]










No comments:

Post a Comment