---visitors to my silly blog---

Locations of Site Visitors

"thoughts in solitude" - thomas merton

MY LORD GOD,
I have no idea where I am going. I do not see the road ahead of me. I cannot know for certain where it will end. Nor do I really know myself, and the fact that I think I am following your will does not mean that I am actually doing so. But I believe that the desire to please you does in fact please you. And I hope I have that desire in all that I am doing. I hope that I will never
do anything apart from that desire. And I know that if I do this you will lead me by the right road, though I may know nothing about it. Therefore I will trust you always though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death. I will not fear, for you are ever with me, and you will never leave me to face my perils
alone.

Monday, August 9, 2010

rio, i think i love you...

okay, so rio has been my therapy...

i came here with nothing to do except do things I want to do... it has been great. hanging with my fellow BIPs (NICK, we miss you!!!) and exploring the city... we arrived this afternoon, found our bus from the airport and checked in at our hostel... i LOVE IT. i wish i could travel all the time...

this afternoon i thought about how wonderful it would be if i could budget to travel every summer, like my friend adrienne... she is a school-teacher and has some time during the summer to spend with friends... i have always wondered how she does it, but now i KNOW it is POSSIBLE!!! lol

also, i found out that i am quite efficient when it comes to directions like north, east, south, west.. after landing at santos dumont, i was able to orient myself (without a map) and find the right street and the right bus that took us to our hotel in lapa... we walked around a bit until i asked someone for directions to our street and we found our hostel immediately... i am SO proud of myself...

perhaps i am meant to travel and experience other cultures??? things certainly don`t seem to be pointing towards a relationship or marriage, so maybe i found my passion in life? jk jk

as of right now i am about 8 days away from returning to the states and i honestly couldn`t be more sad... i don`t know that i know who i am anymore and will certainly be searching for a while... but i am looking forward to starting my master`s in a few days and getting back to a regular routine of school and work... which, by the way, if you know of a job opening in houston, texas, let me know! i am currently searching for housing, a job and a car all at the same time and it`s a bit worrisome... i`m leaving it all in His hands, so i know things will turn out ok... but just pray for me, okay? thanks...

i just wanted to say a quick thanks to all my family and friends out there who have supported me both financially and with prayers over these last few months... the reality of everything kind of hit me the other day and i can`t believe i have such amazing people around me helping me through everything... you are what gets me through the rough days and reminds me that God is always by my side... i love you for that, no words can exactly describe...

you`ve made a new person out of me by supporting this experience... i love love love you.

i can`t believe how quickly time has passed, either... i am counting down the days when i can get back to BH... i can`t believe i have to go. sad face. :[

prayers, please, as i am on official vacation in rio... hoping to see the cristo redentor monument, the pao de azucar and ipanema beach... ohhh to have a situation-less vacation would be nice!

can`t wait to see you all... hope you`re having as great a summer as i am! love, love, LOVE brasil. <3

um abraco,
crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment