---visitors to my silly blog---

Locations of Site Visitors

"thoughts in solitude" - thomas merton

MY LORD GOD,
I have no idea where I am going. I do not see the road ahead of me. I cannot know for certain where it will end. Nor do I really know myself, and the fact that I think I am following your will does not mean that I am actually doing so. But I believe that the desire to please you does in fact please you. And I hope I have that desire in all that I am doing. I hope that I will never
do anything apart from that desire. And I know that if I do this you will lead me by the right road, though I may know nothing about it. Therefore I will trust you always though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death. I will not fear, for you are ever with me, and you will never leave me to face my perils
alone.

Sunday, July 29, 2012

make it quick...

quick update since i haven't posted in a while... living situation: currently have a roof over my head, living in my friends' room on a cot. they have been so good to me, i can't believe that i have been so blessed as to have made such friends in this city of 6+ million people. they are so much fun that sometimes when we all get home at night it takes several hours to wind down because we are laughing so much. so even though it's tough being homeless (per se), it's good times. on another note, a friend from church offered me a room to stay at his house with another friend from church. though it's very far (anything outside of the loop is far to me, and this place is in missouri city! basically in another country!) it's affordable, in a nice neighborhood and will allow me to get out of my friends' room and let them have their privacy back. i'm sad that i will be moving out soon but glad to let them get back to their normal life and routine. car situation: last week my new car broke down. literally, if something could happen to my vehicles it's going to happen this year. bleh. the radiator fan motor stopped working, causing the engine to overheat while i was in rush-hour traffic in uptown. bumper to bumper traffic and all i could do was wait my turn to pull off into a parking lot. lame-o. my parents stopped in houston on their way to/from a delivery in louisiana for my mom's work, and my dad and my friends' dad kinda tinkered around under the hood to try to figure out what was wrong. in any case, we ran out of time and had to take it to a shop. this time we found a mechanic in the 'hood and he fixed it and it was only eighty bucks! the only problem now is that my air conditioner doesn't work. :/ and yes, it is HOT in houston at this time of the year! phone situation: so far it's been okay. i've gone through 4 phones this summer alone and this one has lasted the longest so far. let's hope it keeps working because i'm getting tired of telling people, "lost my contacts, who is this?" when i get texts... grrr. job situation: i haven't had any serious hits thus far. none of the jobs i've applied to here in the houston metro area have panned out, or anywhere else in the state of texas for that matter. several weeks ago i started applying to ANY job that i'm qualified to do in either ministry or in higher education, and i've broadened my search to include any of the lower 48 states. so... hopefully something happens! dating situationZ: zip. zilch. zero. nada. next question... prayer/spiritual life: on rocky ground right now. i'm really struggling to trust that God knows what He is doing and that He has something great in store for me. the biblical story of job is constantly playing in my mind and i've been reflecting on what he endured in his life... and when he questioned God, God asked him, "where were you when I created the heaven and the earth?" like, don't worry, I got this. i've been talking things out with several friends who are spiritual mentors and cheerleaders at times, and they have all said that it's okay to be angry with God because of my current situation. but i keep wondering, is it okay to be angry with God when He's delivered me from such craziness in my life? can i ask for more from God than what He's already given me? so, so confused. i guess it's better to give God my anger and impatience than to give Him apathy. pray for me, brothers and sisters, i'm really struggling with everything going on in my life right now. your intentions are in my prayers, too! also, please remember to pray for the victims of the aurora, colorado, shooting and for the shooter himself. may God have mercy on us all. pax et bonum, crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment