---visitors to my silly blog---

Locations of Site Visitors

"thoughts in solitude" - thomas merton

MY LORD GOD,
I have no idea where I am going. I do not see the road ahead of me. I cannot know for certain where it will end. Nor do I really know myself, and the fact that I think I am following your will does not mean that I am actually doing so. But I believe that the desire to please you does in fact please you. And I hope I have that desire in all that I am doing. I hope that I will never
do anything apart from that desire. And I know that if I do this you will lead me by the right road, though I may know nothing about it. Therefore I will trust you always though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death. I will not fear, for you are ever with me, and you will never leave me to face my perils
alone.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

que viva espana!

made it to madrid last night! have to write superquick, i´m currently in the middle of a department store waiting for the personnel to kick me off the comp.

had an amazing experience in avila yesterday after we left the benedictines at 7 a.m. from samos. took a 4 hour bus ride to avila, then spent the afternoon exploring the churches, monasteries and plazas. took your prayer intentions with me to st. teresa´s chapel!

got back to madrid after a 6 hour bus ride and then got assigned to different families. my family has 8 children all under the age of 10! they each wanted their own american! super cute! they are uber-catholic and have already taught us a thing or two about loving your neighbor like Christ.

only thing about madrid--it´s super hot!!! i woke up in a night-sweat twice last night... hmmm, how to fix that... no clue.

went to the love & life center for english-speaking pilgrims today... very hot outside and tons of people from canada, australia, malaysia and of course, the states. tons and tons of priests and religious around joking and talking with teens... great sight to see.

please leave comments or prayer intentions if you have them! i´m thinking of you all...

pax et bonum!
-crystal

1 comment: