---visitors to my silly blog---

Locations of Site Visitors

"thoughts in solitude" - thomas merton

MY LORD GOD,
I have no idea where I am going. I do not see the road ahead of me. I cannot know for certain where it will end. Nor do I really know myself, and the fact that I think I am following your will does not mean that I am actually doing so. But I believe that the desire to please you does in fact please you. And I hope I have that desire in all that I am doing. I hope that I will never
do anything apart from that desire. And I know that if I do this you will lead me by the right road, though I may know nothing about it. Therefore I will trust you always though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death. I will not fear, for you are ever with me, and you will never leave me to face my perils
alone.

Saturday, July 2, 2011

i will wait for you.



someone i 'follow' on twitter sent this link out last night, so on my way back to the humble from hanging out with some friends in the city and house-/plant-sitting, i pulled it up on youtube and listened to it on my pathfinder's audio while on the road.

my heart started pounding and i had tears in my eyes just listening to this young woman perform at a poetry slam... i don't know where it was or when it was given. but she. is. amazing.

when i first heard it, i thought, "man, i wish i had heard this back in college when i was being a bonehead dating guys that weren't right for me." today, i'm thinking that hearing this probably would have helped me figure out what i should have been looking for in a boyfriend while back in high school!

amazingly enough, i heard it last night after i'd been reflecting on my single-ness and the eureka (!) moment i had after talking with my best friend about discerning one's vocation... she posed the thought-provoking statement that discernment is so important that without faithful people in our lives encouraging us and orienting us towards discernment of our vocation, one might not hear God's quiet call to their life's work--whether as a religious, married or single person. so i resolved not to just pray that God would lead my helpmate to me and me to him, but that he and i would be blessed with people in our lives that would help point us in the right direction, and when the time's right--in God's time--to each other.

i hope you, too, are ready to wait for whatever God has planned for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment